5 Ways to Optimize Slow SSD in Windows 10 PC 2022 – SSD is short for a solid-state drive. It is a very popular storage device in recent years. Windows 10, with its many features, can help SSDs operate to their full potential. However, it doesn’t always enable the SSD.
How to Optimize Slow SSD in Windows 10 PC 2022
You may sometimes find SSD running slow in Windows 10 or other Windows systems. How did this case happen? What can we do to speed up SSD in Windows 10? This article will discuss how to optimize a slow SSD in Windows 10.
- How to Clone Hard Drive to SSD on Windows and Mac PC
- 5 Ways to Fix Reboot And Select Proper Boot Device In Windows
- 20 Ways to Fix 100% Disk Usage on Windows 10 PC
- 6 Ways to Fix Error Code 0xc0000e in Windows 10 PC
Reasons for Slow SSD
In general, the computer will run fast after using the SSD. This is why more and more people are choosing to buy SSDs. But problems will occur during usage because SSD runs slowly.
There are two situations that make an SSD slow. First, SSDs run slowly for long periods of use, especially when used as secondary storage. Second, the SSD may run slowly because there is something wrong with the device.
But in fact, there are many causes that can cause SSD to run slowly. Here are some common reasons.
- Low Disk Space – Check the SSD capacity and free space, because if it runs in low disk space, the operating speed will be greatly reduced.
- Low RAM – If there is not enough RAM, the cache size can be compressed so the SSD can run slowly.
- AHCI Mode Disabled – AHCI Mode is important to help SSD get the best performance. So, if disabled, SSD can run slowly.
- BIOS/firmware used is OutToDate – BIOS or firmware that is too old will affect SSD performance.
- Onboard VGA Enabled – The Onboard VGA feature will slow down your computer’s boot speed.
- Virus Infections – We know that viruses can cause hard disks and computers to run slowly. If your SSD or computer is attacked by a virus, it may run very slowly.
How to Optimize SSD in Windows 10
If you have a slow SSD, you can use some of the effective ways below to optimize the performance of your SSD.
1. Delete Useless Data
Delete unnecessary data (files, folders, or applications) from SSD to free up more free space.
2. Disable Hibernation
You can try disabling Hibernation to free up more disk space. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Type cmd in the Windows search box then click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Type this command powercfg -h off and press Enter to execute.
3. Disable Onboard VGA
Onboard VGA is a common cause of slow SSDs according to most SSD users. So, trying to disable Onboard VGA is also a method to speed up SSD in Windows 10.
- Restart the computer to boot into the BIOS settings.
- Go to the Advanced BIOS /Advanced Chipset Features section to find the Onboard VGA feature. Then disable it.
- Exit BIOS setup and press Yes to apply changes.
4. Update BIOS
As the first software for loading a computer, of course, the BIOS will affect the boot speed of the computer. So, you need to make sure you are using the latest BIOS version.
5. Check Hardware
If any of the hardware connected to the PC is damaged, the system will continue to search for the cache, so the SSD speed will drop. Try removing all hardware from the PC to see if there is a change in SSD speed. The hardware includes USB devices, sound cards, DVD-ROM, VGA cards, and so on.
- 9 Basic Computer Components And How To Upgrade It
- 8 Ways to Check VGA on Windows 10 Laptop PC
- 6 Ways to Fix The RPC Server Is Unavailable Error in Windows 10
So those are some ways to optimize a slow SSD. Your SSD may be slow for different reasons. So when you face this case, confirm the cause and take appropriate action to fix it.
Of course, you can’t try all the above solutions to speed up SSD in Windows 10. Take one or two of them, and the problem will be solved. In short, I hope this article can help you deal with a slow SSD.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day Technowizah.com because you can find here the latest Tech Computer Android games How-to Guide Tips&Tricks Software Review etc, Which we update every day.