How to Open ENC Files Without Additional Software 2022 – Have an ENC file but can’t open it? Check out the explanation of this article to find out how to open it. Computers or smartphones have different file types that are marked with certain formats or extensions.
For example, there are doc files or documents that can be opened via computers and smartphones, apk for android applications, compressed files in the form of zip and rar, exe format is a file that can be run directly.
- 20 Apps To Watch Anime Offline And Online on Android
- Top 10 Free Sites To Receive SMS Online Verification
- Top 10 Best Online Video Downloader Applications
- Top 10 free online typing speed test websites
In addition to the formats above, it turns out that there are still several types of file formats that have protection in them, so they cannot be opened in the usual way and require additional software to open them.
What is an ENC file?
ENC stands for Encryption which is a format for one type of file.
So the ENC file is a file type that is given special protection by the author with the aim of avoiding viruses and minimizing piracy.
Inside the enc file, there is confidential data that cannot be opened by just anyone, both online and offline.
For example config files from WhatsApp or from other chat applications.
In essence, an ENC file is a type of file that is protected and cannot be opened in the usual way.
ENC files can be opened via laptop and Android by several methods.
Keep in mind that you have to be careful when opening it. Because if it gets corrupted, the data cannot be displayed and read. That’s why we need a special way to keep the enc file intact when opened.
If you don’t know how to open it, it’s best to follow the guide below.
How to Open ENC files on PC/Laptop
Windows 10 users are actually easier. Because Windows 10 has been equipped with a file extract feature that has existed since the first time you installed Windows.
So that ENC files can be opened directly through File Explorer without the help of additional software.
For the complete method, please follow the following guide:
- Open File explorer is located at the bottom left.
- Then open the folder where the enc file is stored. If it is still on the Smartphone, you should first move it to a laptop.
- Then hover over the enc file.
- Then right-click and select the “Send to” option.
- Then click the “Compressed (zipped) folder” option.
- Furthermore, the enc format file will change to the “.zip” format.
- For example, the file “achievement.enc” will change to “achievement.zip”.
- After the format change process is complete, please open the zip file by extracting it.
- Right-click on the zip file, then select “Extract files…”.
- Then click OK.
- Next, there will be a new folder that contains the enc file.
Now the enc file can be opened. If the file can’t be extracted, it’s usually corrupt.
How to Open an ENC File on an Android Phone
ENC files can also be opened directly via Android smartphones. But it takes an additional application to open it.
In this article, I recommend 2 applications that you can use to open enc files on Android phones in an easier way.
1. Using ZArchiever
- Please download the ZArchiever application via Playstore.
- Open and run the ZArchiever application that has been installed.
- After the application is open, please find the location of the ENC file to be opened.
- If you have found it, please press once on the ENC file.
- Next, several menu options will appear, please select the “Extract here” menu.
- After the extract process is complete, the ENC file can be opened.
2. Using RAR
- Open the Playstore, then search for the RAR application.
- If you have found it, just download and install the RAR application.
- Open and run the RAR application.
- Then open the folder where the ENC file is stored.
- Then press on the enc file.
- Then select the menu open with RAR.
- Then the ENC file will open automatically.
Now you can open and view the contents of the ENC file using only an Android smartphone. So you don’t have to bother to move the ENC file to the laptop again.
How to Open ENC Files Online
You can apply this method on a smartphone or laptop as long as it is connected to an internet connection.
- Open Google Chrome or another browser application that you use frequently.
- Next visit the URL https://extract.me/.
- Then click the “Select file” button.
- Then open the folder where the ENC file is saved. Click on the ENC file, then click the Open button.
- Wait a few moments until the ENC file upload process is complete.
- If so, please click the blue Save all as ZIP button to download the file.
- After the file has been successfully downloaded, please extract the file in the usual way.
Those are some methods that you can use to open enc files via android, Windows 10 laptops without the help of additional software.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day Technowizah.com because you can find here the latest Tech Computer Android games How-to Guide Tips&Tricks Software Review etc, Which we update every day.