How to Change Windows 10 Administrator Name – If the administrator account you want to change is linked to a Microsoft account, you can change the admin name by going to settings> Accounts> Your Info and clicking on the Manage my Microsoft Account option. This will open up to the Microsoft website, where you can edit your profile. Make sure to restart your device when done.
After you restart, you will see the new username on the login screen.
1. Open the Windows Start menu. You can do this by clicking the button in the lower-left corner of the screen, which resembles the Windows logo.
2. Then select Settings. It’s the gear icon directly above the power button.
3. Then click Accounts.
4. Next, click Your info. You can find this option on the left sidebar.
5. Click Manage my Microsoft Account. This will take you to the Microsoft account web page.
6. Then click More actions. You can find this drop-down menu next to your user account name in the top left corner.
7. Next, click Edit Profile from the drop-down menu.
8. Then click Edit names under your current account name.
9. Enter your desired new first and last name.
10. Enter the Captcha code.
11. Then click Save.
12. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to Change Windows 10 Advanced Control Panel Administrator Name
You can also change the user account name with the Advanced Control Panel, which can be accessed with certain commands. This option appears when you click the Properties of the selected user.
1. Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously on your keyboard. Next will open the Run command tool.
2. Type netplwiz in the Run command tool.
3. Select the account you wish to rename.
4. Then click Properties.
5. Type the new user name in the box under the General tab.
6. Click OK.
7. Click OK again in the User Accounts Panel.
If you want to change the name of the local account, you will have to do it through Control Panel. Here’s how:
How to Change Windows 10 Administrator Name via Control Panel
If you want to change the Administrator name that is not linked to a Microsoft Account, you can open the Control Panel and click Change account type.
1. Type Control Panel into the Windows Search Bar. You will find it by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the lower-left corner of your screen.
2. Then click Open.
3. Click Change the account type at the bottom of Use Accounts
4. Select the user account you want to rename.
5. Click Change account name.
6. Type a name for the new user account in the box
7. Finally, click Change Name. Your changes will appear when you return to the previous screen.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day Technowizah.com because you can find here the latest Tech Computer Android games How-to Guide Tips&Tricks Software Review etc, Which we update every day.