7 Ways to Fix Dxgkrnl Video Fatal Error on Windows 10 PC 2021 – Are you getting the message “video dxgkrnl fatal error”. This message usually appears because there is a problem with the graphics card. But you don’t need to worry, because there are several methods to fix it.
How to Fix Dxgkrnl Video Fatal Error on Windows 10 PC 2021
Windows 10 often has errors, and one of them is the “video dxgkrnl fatal error” message appears. This error usually occurs when your PC uses an outdated graphics driver.
- 15 Ways to Fix Steam Disk Write Error Quick and Easy Guide
- 7 Ways to Fix Error 0x80070422 in Windows 10 PC
- Fix Nvidia Geforce Experience Error 0x0003 on Windows 10 PC
- Best Ways to Fix Error 0x800F081F in Windows 10 PC
However, there is another reason why this error message may appear. Luckily, you have a few workable and potentially fixable video dxgkrnl errors on your PC.
1. Use Hardware Troubleshooter
As we know Windows 10 is rich in built-in tools, one of which is the hardware troubleshooter tool. It allows its users to find and fix hardware-related problems.
When you see “video dxgkrnl fatal error” on your PC, it’s a good idea to run this troubleshooter to see what problems can be found and fixed. To do so:
- Open Run dialog by pressing Windows Key + R at the same time.
- Type the following text msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and press Enter .
- On the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter screen , click the Next button .
- Wait for the troubleshooter to find and fix problems related to your hardware.
2. Fix Corrupt Files
The most common reason for errors in Windows 10 is a corrupt file. If there are any corrupt core system files on your PC, that might be why you are seeing “video dxgkrnl fatal error”.
In this case, use Windows 10’s built-in corrupt file checker. This is a command you can run from the Command Prompt to find and repair corrupted files on your computer. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Start menu, search for Command Prompt , right-click it and select Run as administrator .
- Type the command sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt then press Enter to run it.
- Wait for the command to complete to find and repair corrupted files on your PC. This usually takes quite a while.
3. Reinstall Graphics Card Driver Driver
Your Windows 10 PC uses the installed graphics card driver to display items on your screen. If there is a problem or error with this driver, reinstalling the driver can fix the problem. To reinstall the graphics card driver, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager from the menu.
- Expand the Display adapters menu in Device Manager.
- Right-click your graphics card in the list and select Uninstall device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the driver.
- Restart your PC.
- When your PC boots up again, open Device Manager.
- Click the Action menu at the top and select Scan for hardware changes. This will make the device automatically find your graphics card and install the necessary drivers.
Alternatively, you can download the required drivers from the graphics card manufacturer’s website. Manufacturers such as Intel, AMD, and Nvidia all have graphics card drivers available for download on their websites.
4. Use System Restore
If you see “video dxgkrnl fatal error” after making changes to your PC, that change might be the cause. In this case, you can roll back to the restore point which will revert all your changes up to the date the point was created.
You can use System Restore on your Windows 10 PC to roll back to a specific point, and here’s how:
- Open the Start menu, search for Create a restore point , and select Best match.
- Click the System Restore button on the following screen.
- Select Next on the first screen of the System Restore wizard .
- On the following screen, select a restore point to roll back. Then, click Next at the bottom.
- Click Finish to start restoring your PC.
5. Turn off Fast Startup
Fast startup in Windows 10 allows the PC to boot at a faster speed. This can sometimes cause problems with other elements on the PC. It’s a good idea to turn off this option to see if your issue is resolved:
- Open Control Panel on your PC.
- Click System and Security in the Control Panel window.
- Select Power Options on the following screen.
- Click Choose what the power button does in the left sidebar.
- Click Change settings that are currently unavailable. This allows you to make changes to the fast startup options.
- Disable the Enable quick start (recommended) option.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom to save your changes.
- Reboot your PC.
6. Update Windows 10
Running an older version of Windows 10 almost always causes problems, one of which is the “video dxgkrnl fatal error” message. This may be caused by an outdated Windows system. To fix this, visit the Settings app and update your PC to the latest version:
- Make sure your PC is connected to the internet.
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Click Update & Security in the Settings window.
- Select Windows Update from the left sidebar.
- Click Check for updates in the right pane.
- If you see an available update, click Install now to install it.
- Reboot your PC.
7. Reset Windows 10
If you still can’t fix the “video dxgkrnl fatal error”, it might be a good idea to reset your PC. This will delete all the settings options you configured and return them to their default settings.
You will get the option to keep or delete the saved files when you start resetting the PC. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows key + I.
- In Settings, click Update & Security at the bottom.
- Select Recovery from the left sidebar on the following screen.
- In the right pane, click Get started in the Reset this PC section.
- Select Keep my files if you want to reset the PC while saving your files.
- Select Remove everything to delete all your files and settings.
- Complete the reset process.
- 7 Ways To Fix Error Code 0xC0000225 In Windows 10 PC
- 8 Ways To Fix Error Code 0x8000FFFF in Windows 10 PC
- 8 Ways to Fix WHEA Uncorrectable Error Windows 10 PC
So those are some ways to solve DXGKRNL VIDEO FATAL ERROR on Windows 10. If you ever get this error message, don’t panic. This problem can be fixed in most cases, and basically you just need to apply some standard fixes. The guide above will help you do just that.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day Technowizah.com because you can find here the latest Tech Computer Android games How-to Guide Tips&Tricks Software Review etc, Which we update every day.